Goldfields Involvement, 1854
Post 1854 Experiences
At the State Treason Trials Witnesses deposing against Charles Brown, Thomas Barry, Michael Tuohy, Henry Read and James Campbell were: George King, John King, Samuel Furnell, John Dougherty, Michael Lawler, Joseph Penrose, John White, John Penaluna, Eugene Bellairs, James Wearne, James Richardson Gaunt, Peter Ellis, John Sullivan, James Clerk, Joseph Raynor, Henry Bedwell, William Richardson.
- Joseph Raynor on his oath saith:
- I am a Private in ?? was at the attack at Eureka on the 3rd instant. I saw prisoner Campbell ?? stockade while the attack was going on. I saw him with a pistol or revolver ? run between two tents. I saw him fire. He fired in the direction of the ?/ about ten yards from the stockade.
- J. Raynor by oath
- Sworn before me
- At Ballarat this 8th December 1854
- E. Sturt PM
Corfield, J., Wickham, D., & Gervasoni, C. The Eureka Encyclopaedia, Ballarat Heritage Services, 2004.
- VPRS 5527 Unit 2, Item 5, p. 44
- Wickham, D., Gervasoni, C. & Phillipson, W., Eureka Research Directory, Ballarat Heritage Services, 1999.
Citation Details Eurekapedia, http://eurekapedia.org, accessed [insert date]