- STOCKADE DAY RECALLED. This year the 59th anniversary of the Eureka Stockade was celebrated more comprehensively than usual. A Procession to the scene on Saturday was followed by a public meeting at the Stockade, addressed by district Members of Parliament and others. The proceeds are in aid of the Reserve Beautification Fund. There was another public meeting on Sunday. One of the survivors of the stockade, Mr. A. Knight, was present on Saturday. 
- EUREKA STOCKADE. - ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION.
- BALLARAT, Saturday-To. mark the 59th anniversary of the Eureka Stockade affray a rotunda was opened this afternoon by Councillor Penhalluriack, the first chairman of the committee formed to improve the Eureka Stockade. The gathering was presided over by the mayor of Ballarat East (Councillor A. J. Pittard), and addresses were given bj Messrs. R. McGregor and M. Baird, M.L.A.'s. The mayor stated that amongst those present were Mrs. Shand, Mrs. Ross, Mrs. Buckley, Mr.P. Dalton, Mr. A. Knight, and others who were in Ballarat when the lighting took place, Mr. Knight being one of those who were with the diggers in the stockade.
- The rotunda was erected at a cost of £117, making the recent expenditure on the reserve close on £200.
- ↑ Horsham Times, 9 December 1913.
- ↑ The Argus, 8 December 1913.