Difference between revisions of "Baringhup"

From eurekapedia
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "Baringhup was known as Bryant's Crossing, because of the ford over the Loddon River. It is near the provincial centre of Maryborough, and is located on the Loddon River, north...")
 
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Baringhup was known as Bryant's Crossing, because of the ford over the Loddon River. It is near the provincial centre of Maryborough, and is located on the Loddon River, north of the Cairn Curran Reservoir and 10km west of Maldon.  
+
Baringhup was known as Bryant's Crossing, because of the ford over the Loddon River. It is near the provincial centre of Maryborough, and is located on the Loddon River, north of the Cairn Curran Reservoir and 10km west of [[Maldon]].  
  
A bridge was built in 1855, along with the opening of a school, the Loddon Hotel and a blacksmith.
+
A bridge was built in 1855, along with the opening of a school, the [[Loddon Hotel]] and a blacksmith.
  
 
The name Baringhup was given to the locality in the early 1860s. Reportedly it is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning a place for drinking water. The Baringhup Road Board, preceded Maldon Shire.<ref>http://www.victorianplaces.com.au/baringhup</ref>
 
The name Baringhup was given to the locality in the early 1860s. Reportedly it is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning a place for drinking water. The Baringhup Road Board, preceded Maldon Shire.<ref>http://www.victorianplaces.com.au/baringhup</ref>

Latest revision as of 05:01, 2 August 2018

Baringhup was known as Bryant's Crossing, because of the ford over the Loddon River. It is near the provincial centre of Maryborough, and is located on the Loddon River, north of the Cairn Curran Reservoir and 10km west of Maldon.

A bridge was built in 1855, along with the opening of a school, the Loddon Hotel and a blacksmith.

The name Baringhup was given to the locality in the early 1860s. Reportedly it is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning a place for drinking water. The Baringhup Road Board, preceded Maldon Shire.[1]