Thomas (Tommy) Marks was born c1833 in Cornwall, England. His parents were George Marks and Betsy Hopping. Tommy Marks who sailed to Victoria in 1852 on the Great Britain. He died on 04 November 1914 at Yarra Bend, aged 80 years.
Goldfields Involvement, 1854
Post 1854 Experiences
MARKS – The Friends of Mr THOMAS MARKS are respectfully invited to follow the remains of his late dearly beloved Wife to their last resting place, the Ballarat Old Cemetery. The funeral will leave his residence, Ligar Street, off Lydiard Street north, near New Cemetery, on Saturday, at 2p.m. STEPHEN WELLINGTON, Undertaker, 144 Sturt street one door from Dawson Street, and opposite Adelphi Hotel). Note address. No branches.
Thomas Marks married Sophia Carveth on 14 June 1855 at St Peter's Church of England, Victoria.
1. Elizabeth Maria Marks (b.1856, Ballarat. Died aged 6 months)
2. Elizabeth Sophia Marks (b.1957, Ballarat. Died aged 5 months)
3. Clara Elizabeth Marks (b.1859, Gordon. Died 08 May 1930. Married Henry Dunstan in 1880)
4. Julia Alice (Alice) Marks (b.1860 Scotsburn. Married Daniel Webster Chadwick in 1891)
5. Thomas George Marks (b.1862, Ballarat. Died aged 3 months)
6. Mary Louisa Marks (b.1863, Mt Egerton. Died 26 July 1934. Married James Gordon
7. Emily Jane Marks (b.1865, Mt Egerton. Married James H. Kenyon. Died 1939)
8. Martha Ann "Annie" Marks (b. 1867, Mt Egerton. Married Henry Walton.)
9. George Henry Marks (b. 1869, Mt Egerton. Married Celia Lewisa Trewenack)
10. Ida Sophia Marks (b. 1871, Egerton. Married Thomas H. Watson. Died 1912, Ballarat
11. Stephen Marks (b.1874, Egerton)
12. Lillian Florence Marks (b. c1878. Married Arthur Albert Anderson. Died 1954.)
Corfield, J., Wickham, D., & Gervasoni, C. The Eureka Encyclopaedia, Ballarat Heritage Services, 2004.
- Ballarat Star, 14 September 1894
- Research by D. Walker, 2005.