Goldfields Involvement, 1854
Post 1854 Experiences
In 1862 Caugherty was living at Winter's Hill, near Ballarat.
- FUNERAL NOTICE.— The Friends of the late Mr HENRY CAUGHERTY are respect fully Invited to follow his remains to the place of interment, the Ballaarat Old Cemetery. The funeral will move from his late residence, 176 Eyre street, This Day, at Three o'clock. F. ATKINS, Undertaker, Main road, next Yarrowee Hotel; and Bridge street, next Limerick Castle Hotel. 
- NOTICE is hereby given,—That all Creditors and others having any CLAIMS against the ESTATE of HENRY CAUGHERTY, late of Hiscocks, near Buninyong, in the colony of Victoria, Carpenter, deceased, intestate, who died on the 26th day of May, 1872, and ad ministration of whose goods, chattels, rights, credits, and effects was granted- by the Supreme Court of the Colony of Victoria, in its Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction on the 15th day of August, 1872. to ELEANOR CAUGHERTY, of Ballarat; in the said colony, the widow of the said deceased, are hereby required to SEND IN THE PARTICULARS (in writing) of such Claims to the said Eleanor Caugherty, as such said Administratrix, at the office of Messrs JAMES ODDIE and CO., Dana street, Ballarat aforesaid, on or before the 2nd day of December, 1872, after which date the said Administratrix will proceed to Distribute the. Assets of the said Henry Caugherty, deceased, amongst the parties entitled having regard only to the claims of which she shall then have had notice: and that she will not be held liable for the assets, or any part thereof, so distributed to any person of whose claim she shall not then have had notice. • Dated this 22nd day of October, 1872. HOLMES and SALTER, Lydiard street, Ballarat, Proctors for the said Eleanor Caugherty.
Wickham, Dorothy, Shot in the Dark: Being the Petition for the Compensation Case of Benden S. Hassell, Ballarat Heritage Services, 1998.
- Wickham, Dorothy, Shot in the Dark: Being the Petition for the Compensation Case of Benden S. Hassell, Ballarat Heritage Services, 1998.
- Ballarat Star, 06 September 1862.
- Ballarat Courier, 28 May 1872.
- Ballarat Star, 28 October 1872.